Courses for Children
STUDENTS ON OUR COURSES FOR PRE-SCHOOL
Our courses for pre-school children aim to create a positive first impression of learning English in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere
We’ll make sure that your child studies in a group with other students of the same age and level so that they can make the maximum progress. They’ll also get the individual attention they need to help them reach their full potential
The Early Years programme, is a programme designed for children aged 3 to 5 based on best practice within the UK’s Early Years Foundation Stage.
- increase your child’s confidence in the English language
- develop essential English language communication skills
- further enhance your child’s personal, emotional and social development
- contribute to his/her developing literacy
- provide an opportunity for creative expression through art and drama
- contribute to your child’s understanding of the wider world.
The children will be presenting their work in their personal scrapbooks which will be part of the feedback and progress reports provided to parents on a regular basis.
Our courses for pre-school children aim to create a positive first impression of learning English in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere.
We’ll make sure that your child studies in a group with other students of the same age and level so that they can make the maximum progress. They’ll also get the individual attention they need to help them reach their full potential.
STUDENTS ON OUR COURSES FOR CHILDREN
- cover topics of interest to children and relate these to their own experiences such as how to give directions and order food in a restaurant.
- increase their confidence and interest in the English language
- learn and practise a wide range of language functions
- are exposed to natural language through activities giving them a real purpose to communicate in familiar and meaningful situations
- extend their knowledge of the world
- develop thinking and problem-solving skills and model universal values and behaviour.
We will also prepare them for the Cambridge English Young Learners English (YLE) tests Starters, Movers and Flyers, and for the Key for Schools (KETfS) and Preliminary for Schools (PETfS) exams at higher levels.
STUDENTS ON OUR COURSES FOR TEENAGERS
- cover all aspects of communication – listening, speaking, reading and writing
- build on their existing knowledge of English
- engage in a variety of activities such as interviews, surveys, role-plays, giving presentations and writing book reviews to facilitate and develop a rich and effective use of English
- develop study skills such as organising and monitoring learning, note-taking, memorising, managing time, reading effectively, etc.
- use materials such as course books, video, ICT and other authentic materials
- work with the whole class, in pairs or groups or individually to vary and maximise opportunities for interaction and confidence building.
They will use English to study interesting and relevant topics, such as social media and sport, complete applications and create more advanced pieces of English.
We will also prepare them for the Cambridge English First for Schools (FCEfS), Advanced (CAE) and Proficiency (CPE) exams by familiarising them with the format of the exams and training them in essential exam techniques.
STUDENTS ON OUR COURSES FOR IB
Our language and literature course introduce students to the analysis of literacy texts. Through a comprehensive exploration of literature students develop the ability to reflect critically on the reading, presenting literacy analysis and exploring the techniques involved in literacy criticism.
For the language part students explore the use of language in its media forms and functions and develop the ability to present their ideas effectively. An emphasis is also placed on understanding how language culture, context and audience determine the construction of meaning.